everafter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Valerie Kingston

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valerie Kingston
Died: 1864
Valerie Kingston

Valerie Kingston Empty
PostSubject: Valerie Kingston   Valerie Kingston I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:23 am

Valerie Kingston 600full-imogen-poots

Name: Valerie Ophelia Kingston
Circa: 1864
Face: Imogen Poots

Hair Color: Honey Blonde
Eye Color: Grey
Height: 5'2
Body Type: Lithe
General Appearance: Always smiling, distant look in her eyes, happy

Cause of Death: Suicide

Background History:
Such a pretty little thing. Her parents must be proud. And, proud they were. Little Valerie Kingston was the apple of their eyes. She was beautiful, talented, smart, and proper. Valerie always knew what to do and what to say. She was loving and took care of others much like a mother would. Never did she judge someone by their social standing or their race. Though, a lady of such high social standing herself should be permitted to judge, as her mother used to say.
She just lights up a room! No wonder she has so many suitors! Valerie was sought after by men of all ages. Her parents were very happy that so many people thought their daughter perfect, as it reflected upon them. Especially with the seemingly inevitable war approaching, they knew that they would want their daughter married into a wealthy household which could protect her. But, Valerie seemed to brush them off, ignoring them to play her piano or read a book. Or go for walks. She always went for walks.
I don't want to marry someone who I don't love! Valerie used to protest to her brother. Her brother, Landon, was very active in Valerie's life, taking it upon himself to tell her what to do and who to be around. Valerie, who loved her brother dearly, found herself growing to resent him and his overbearing personality. She just wanted to live her own life, though she knew that it would be impossible. Though she lived in America, she was hardly free.
You need to get your head our of the clouds and into reality. She was often told that. And she often ignored it. Valerie was perfectly content living inside her head where things were perfect. Where she could go run around in pants like the boys did. Where she could kiss boys for fun. Where she didn't always have to pretend to be proper. Where she could learn how to fence. And, where she could truly love who she did.
I don't care what anyone thinks! Valerie exclaimed loudly, tears gathering up in the corners of her eyes. Valerie had always been close to a certain servant boy named Adam Johnson. Valerie, who had always been quite nice and close to the servants- the nice way of saying slaves, had been extremely close to him. They used to play together and Valerie used to follow him around until her mother had to pull her away. When Valerie got older, she spent less time with Adam, or that's what her parents thought at least. Instead, something else started. Valerie had stolen a kiss from him one night and that changed everything. A secret relationship began and before she could stop it, she was head over heels in love with him.
What are you doing?! Valerie was frightened. Her brother had walked into the stables late one night, seeing her kissing Adam. And, well, Landon hadn't taken too kindly to that. He went into a rage, throwing Valerie to the ground and threatening Adam. Valerie couldn't do much other than cry and yell for them to stop. But, Landon didn't stop. No, he murdered Adam right in front of Valerie.
Leave me be. Valerie had lost all her life. She felt empty inside, a broken shell of what used to be Valerie Kingston. The mansion was no longer filled with sounds of her piano and her voice. She would hole up in her room. Landon told her parents it was because of the war, but he was the only one that knew it was because of Adam. Landon told her to get over it and that she would find someone suitable to love. Valerie would ignore him, hating him more than ever.
I've given up. She wrote in her letter, a tear staining the page. It was her suicide note. Valerie explained in it why she chose what she had and the truth. She didn't care about anything other than the fact that she would never be happy again unless she joined Adam in Heaven. What shocked her though was that after the rope had been hung, she arrived here. And not in Heaven.

Other:
Back to top Go down

Valerie Kingston
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
everafter :: Welcome to Everafter :: Register :: Biographies-
Jump to: