everafter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Candy Peters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candy Peters
Died: 1937
Candy Peters

Candy Peters Empty
PostSubject: Candy Peters   Candy Peters I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:53 am

Candy Peters 600ful68

Name: Candace Olivia Peters
Circa: 1937
Face: Christina Aguilera

Hair Color: Naturally red, but bleached it
Eye Color: Light blue
Height: 5'2
Body Type: Curvy
General Appearance: Sensual

Cause of Death: Infection caused by a back alley abortion

Background History:
Mamma... I'm going to be a star one day. Candace Peters grew up in Brooklyn, living in a house with her parents and six siblings. Her family was poor, but they survived. Candace never saw her father, as he worked three jobs while her mother took care of all the children she kept having. Candace was the eldest and by far the least levelheaded. She was a dreamer and constantly had her head in the clouds. She excelled in music, making her mother very proud. And, for awhile, her parents believed that maybe their little girl could be famous.
I'm leaving. I hate it here! The young redhead hated Brooklyn. She was never allowed to go into the city, so when she was fifteen; she left. Candace believed that she could handle herself in the Big Apple. It was the 1920's; Candace quickly became a Flapper in her own right. She spent her days in jazz clubs, smoking the night away and singing on stage. She loved her life.
I can be... more? Innocent, sweet Candace who believed everything listened to the man with the odd facial hair as he promised her more. He said that being a Flapper would be out news soon, and she didn't want to be old news. No, he explained, the money and the fame is in burlesque. A art on the stage. You can sing, you can dance, and everyone will love you. So, that's how Candace Peters become Candy Peters, the sweetest dancer around.
Chin up and down the alcohol. Being a burlesque dancer wasn't easy. She had to deal with the aches and pains from dancing and the horrible leering eyes from the people that watched her on stage. In a way, the man was right; she was famous. But for all the wrong reasons. There were times that Candy loved burlesque. The feeling on stage, when she was singing and dancing, was like no other. But, there were those times when it didn't seem worth it. Especially when the man with the mustache sometimes sold her like a prostitute to a wealthy business man. That wasn't the life she had wanted.
I'm... what? What was a young girl of 22 doing in a clinic, receiving the results that she was pregnant? Candy lived in with all the other burlesque girls, she wasn't married, she had no money. Candy couldn't have a baby. She didn't even know who the father could be! Between the men who bought her and the nights where she blacked out, who knows where the child came from. Who would take care of her? Little less a small child? So, she panicked. She spoke to one of her fellow dancers who had once fallen pregnant also, and the woman took Candy to the Lower East Side. It was there that she got an abortion; thinking that everything would be fine.
Can you grab me a rag. I think I'm bleeding. But, as time went on, Candy got sick; really sick. So sick that she was fired from the club. Candace moved back home and was welcomed with open arms. She died in the winter of 1937 at a young age of 22. Her family never knew why she was sick and they never would know.

Other: Candace hates herself.
Back to top Go down

Candy Peters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
everafter :: Welcome to Everafter :: Register :: Judgement Room-
Jump to: